Power: 280 kW
Weight: 20 t
Max. speed: 130 km/h
Available from: 1950
Available until: no end year
Safe remove: No

Versions History
1.1 - Initial TpF2 release
Downloads are available for registered users only. Please LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.

pd4106

Re: American Buses

#2 Post by pd4106 » 09 Jan 2020, 05:26

These buses are super great Danny, turn signals working and so surprised to see the City destination sign change automatically when headed for next destination. Is it possible to change the sign manually? I see in your photos, Phoenix, Tucson and Raleigh. I’ve got a lot to learn about this new TF-2 game.

I am thrilled!

Thank you Sir
Bob

Danny
Site Admin

#3 Post by Danny » 09 Jan 2020, 09:11

pd4106 wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 05:26
Is it possible to change the sign manually?
No, you can not change text on bus label. It's always set to next bus station. But, you can rename bus stations.

pd4106

#4 Post by pd4106 » 09 Jan 2020, 09:47

OK got it, thank you for the technical advice. Change bus station name itself to the City it’s in, Tucson, Flagstaff, Phoenix, whatever. What would I do without you Danny?

Danny
Site Admin

#5 Post by Danny » 09 Jan 2020, 10:15

pd4106 wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 09:47
What would I do without you Danny?
:rofl2:

pd4106

#6 Post by pd4106 » 09 Jan 2020, 20:44

I feel very fortunate to know you Danny, and I consider you a good friend. I will send you a screenshot once I know how. Thank you, the Buses look so good. I really shouldn’t be surprised by the MCI Buses great looks, your own DMA Highway Buses are quality throughout.

Take care and don’t be surprised if I send you another bus mod request,
Most sincerely Bob

Danny
Site Admin

#7 Post by Danny » 09 Jan 2020, 21:09

pd4106 wrote:
09 Jan 2020, 20:44
Take care and don’t be surprised if I send you another bus mod request,
No problemo... :lol:

pd4106

#8 Post by pd4106 » 10 Jan 2020, 20:32

OIP.jpg
Hi Danny, just me again. How ya doing with your work? I was just looking at your Easy Highways and I may just use them. Danny here's something that TF and TF-2 just don't have, and I looked everywhere. A small to medium bus station for Greyhound/Trailways cross country travel. Yes the game has the circular Transit style city bus turn arounds, and that's better than nothing I suppose but it sure looks and is wrong as the long-distance buses never used the city transit centers, they had and still do have their own Bus Stations.

So here's my thought, and I figure it doesn't hurt to ask anyway. Do you think you and your DMA team can take a look at this, it would make for a great addition for TF-2, there's certainly nothing like it right now. So like I said, just asking, ok?

I hope the attachment comes through for you, if not just type in on Google Search, "Corvallis, Oregon Greyhound Bus Station" there's a lot more pictures there to see. Yes, I have a couple more Buses in mind, but OK for now, a real Bus Station would be more important.

Take gentle care Danny, and I love your work (a whole bunch)!
most sincerely, Bob
Downloads are available for registered users only. Please LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.

Danny
Site Admin

#9 Post by Danny » 10 Jan 2020, 20:58

We had bus stations for Transport Fever 1... maybe I'll made another ones for this game...

Object definitions for stations are different, but I still think that it's possible to make own stations.

pd4106

#10 Post by pd4106 » 10 Jan 2020, 21:16

Thanks Danny, it's worth taking a look at for sure. Did DMA have a Bus Station for TF? If so, I sure missed it. The TF workshop doesn't show any Bus Stations at all, yes a lot of city Bus Stops, and someone made a hugh (really big) cross country generic bus station but it doesn't fit for smaller cities. I did ask hugedragonyk but he like the other modders are very busy getting their own mods moved over to TF-2.

If this project turns into a bigger job or more than you folks can do at this time, I sure will understand and be OK with that. I was actually very hesitant to even ask.

take care my friend, and thanks for maybe taking a good look,
most sincerely, Bob

Danny
Site Admin

#11 Post by Danny » 10 Jan 2020, 23:08

DMA bus stations for Transport Fever 1
TpF1_BusStation_1.jpg
TpF1_BusStation_2.jpg

pd4106

#12 Post by pd4106 » 11 Jan 2020, 00:06

Yes those do look very nice, and yep I missed them. They are typical of the city transit ones here.

I enjoyed TF for awhile but stopped playing as it only had a couple of real buses from the US, and they are city transit style buses. Very little content for the US actually compared to the world at large. I absolutely love the Map Editor in TF-2, and you have now fixed the lack of no American cross country buses beautifully, thanks Danny.

That one Greyhound bus station is very typical of their stations here in the US dating from the ‘40s thru present time. It’s only a suggestion, you may find one that would be much easier to model, but it should be a true Greyhound station and not a city transit one.

Danny I am very glad that you have added the PayPal donation to your DMA site. You have a very good heart, and are very willing and open to making mod requests, which is very unlike the other modelers I have seen in the TF Community.

It helps me a lot that I can chip in for those mods I may request, without feeling “so guilty” or wanting “something for nothing”.

Hope you can understand, ok. Take care my friend.
Your friend in AZ, Bob

fetfrumos96

#13 Post by fetfrumos96 » 14 Mar 2020, 11:38

Dear DANNY, the buses are cool but there are small errors. You have people peeking out of the buses look at picture 2 and 3. I watched a lot of people peeping out of the buses in my game: either arms, legs, there are heads and shoulders. You can fix this somehow so that people do not peek out from the buses. If there is an opportunity, start in your game and look at the buses, maybe only people peek out at me. Best regards YURI

Danny
Site Admin

#14 Post by Danny » 14 Mar 2020, 20:39

It's not my fault. You should ask game developers why they made stupid animations.

pd4106

#15 Post by pd4106 » 15 Mar 2020, 07:29

i don't see any people peeking out any windows, and i use these buses a lot.

spinmaster

#16 Post by spinmaster » 19 May 2020, 01:45

These are great! But I'm having an odd problem - they only appear if I choose "European" vehicles (or "All"). This is even with absolutely no other mods enabled.

I have a few other vehicle mods from this site (from the Workshop, these aren't on it - or I haven't found 'em there), and a couple others as well. No problems with any of them, they show up no matter what vehicle set I'm using (which I like). I tried poking around in the lua and mdl files, but if there's something in there somehow tying these buses solely to the European set, I'm not finding it. Any ideas?

Danny
Site Admin

#17 Post by Danny » 19 May 2020, 01:54

No, I have no idea. I'll check why this is happening...

Thanks for letting me know.

ClaudeJ

#18 Post by ClaudeJ » 19 May 2020, 08:28

I cannot replicate what you are experiencing spinmaster.

I ran a quick test: All vehicles, names are French for some reason, the year is 1980 and they are:
TransportFever2 2020-05-19 08-24-59-90.jpg

Is it anything specific you can tell us about your set up?

spinmaster

#19 Post by spinmaster » 19 May 2020, 13:34

Not sure what would help. I do have 200+ mods installed, but when I download new stuff I test it in an empty map with only Sandbox, No Costs, and All Available enabled. This one, I even tried without that, I mean just plunk down a depot and try to buy a bus. If I entered the map with my vehicles set to American, I don't see these. If I load it with European or All, there they are. Same if I start a free game with just a random-generated small map, even with no mods at all except this one enabled.

I haven't done anything to settings.lua or anything else. Only thing I ever tweaked manually was that famous turntable mod - the name was in German and I could never remember what it was, so I updated the name just so I wouldn't have to learn German to use it. :P

Your screenshot has a couple interesting points in it though. I'm wondering if OS localization is playing a role somehow. Your currency is in euros. That's not the interesting part - I know that's a simple tweak in settings.lua. But it also has no commas in it, and your date format is [dd mmm yyyy]. I don't see any way to set those specifically either in the game or in that file, so... did you set that somehow, or is the game picking those from your OS?

Scratch all that - I went so far as to reset my locale to UK; even the Microsoft Store was showing everything in pounds. Had no effect on the game. So I'm back to "fresh outta ideas."

ClaudeJ

#20 Post by ClaudeJ » 19 May 2020, 17:10

The date format probably is linked to the ingame language setting.
Is "All Available" a mod or the option?
Thanks for the extra details, I'll look that way.

Edit:
I still cannot replicate the issue. The buses are there when I select only American vehicles as an option.
TransportFever2 2020-05-19 17-26-13-37.jpg

spinmaster

#21 Post by spinmaster » 20 May 2020, 02:16

"All Available" is a mod making all vehicles available from 1850. Loads of fun watching a Concorde soar over horse-drawn carriages. But even without that mod, i.e. a free game starting in 1960 with only this one enabled, I don't see these buses unless I choose European or All vehicles.

ClaudeJ

#22 Post by ClaudeJ » 20 May 2020, 17:07

Can you please send your settings.lua file?
It's in your userdata folder (there's a button in the settings menu now, so you can easily reach it.

As far as I can tell it's not from the Buses mod, so I'm looking for what could interfere.

spinmaster

#23 Post by spinmaster » 20 May 2020, 17:41

Attached (as a gif; it wouldn't accept lua or txt as extensions). I looked at it before, but never tweaked it; not much in it to tweak without just flipping something graphically in the game anyway ([edit] exception: I did turn on experimental map sizes). I usually do have debug mode enabled (mainly just so I can see path breakpoints), but tried turning that off for this, too, just for s&g.

Curiously, I don't see a button to open the file's location in my Settings menu inside the game. Is that in the beta? I haven't tried it yet, figured I can wait until it's no longer a beta. I'm half-wondering if it's a factor with this, though the one mod I did try that specifically said "needs beta" (this one doesn't... or I missed it) simply didn't appear anywhere in my game. These buses appear, just in the wrong vehicle set.

ClaudeJ

#24 Post by ClaudeJ » 20 May 2020, 21:04

Edit: I've just checked with the mods you mentioned and the busses still appear whatever vehicle origin I do select.

Maybe re-download the mod?

------------------

Yeah, that button is in the beta, forget to mention it, sorry.

I don't see your attachment.

What I'm interested in these lines :

The path to that file is something like that :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\66984343\1066780\local

spinmaster

#25 Post by spinmaster » 21 May 2020, 17:49

The Attach feature here seems to only accept image-type files, and I guess it's smart enough to know when a gif isn't a gif.

Here are the blocks you're interested in (I collapsed terrainGenParams{..}) :

Code: Select all

activeFilters = {
		{ "climate", "temperate", },
		{ "vehicles", "usa", },
		{ "nameList", "usa", },
		{ "environment", "temperate", },
	},
	activeMods = {
		{ "!dma_US_Buses", 1, },
	},

----------------------------------

newGameMenuState = {
		climate = "temperate.clima.lua",
		custom = true,
		difficulty = 0,
		industryFrequency = 0,
		startYear = 12,
		terrainGenParams = {
		},
		townFrequency = 3,
		[b]vehicles = "europe",[/b]
		worldDimensionsOverride = { -1, -1, },
		worldFormat = 0,
		worldSize = 1,
	},
As noted, this is with only this mod enabled, nothing else. Interesting is the vehicles = "europe" line - interesting because it appears in yours as well. I had definitely selected American vehicles - this file is immediately after starting a small 1x1 free mode game with only this mod enabled and American vehicles selected. Since yours and mine both have "europe" I'm gonna go ahead and assume that doesn't mean anything, not for this anyway. Plus, I do see the vanilla American vehicles (and the European ones when I choose that set), so it's not the game somehow swapping the sets.

I had an assumption that the mere presence of a mod meant nothing unless it's enabled, but after looking at stdout.txt I noticed it still runs at least some scripts even from mods that aren't enabled. Actually the only real culprit was always "eatglobal_v2_26.lua" - in about 26 mods I had, disabled yet stdout.txt showed the game was running them anyway (though only ever one, probably a "first/last wins" thing). I've removed all of those, and stdout.txt isn't showing any scripts running anymore. But these buses still aren't showing up. Now I'm wondering if such a script run "once upon a time" somehow made a permanent change.

I'm inclined to start clean and see what happens, but at the same time... I like the 200+ mods I've got, and I don't look forward to re-subscribing them all one-by-one. Do you know how one might set aside all Workshop mods? I tried just moving everything out of the 1066780 folder (with Steam in offline mode), but now the game just crashes soon as I hit "free game" complaining about a missing mod. I don't know where it's getting this info (it's not appworkshop_1066780.acf - I removed that and it still complained about not finding a mod I didn't want it to find).
Last edited by spinmaster on 21 May 2020, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.