Bus Station

pd4106

Done Bus Station

#1 Post by pd4106 » 13 Jan 2020, 06:29

Hi Danny, how you be? I have been so frustrated just trying to attach a photo and so now maybe I have it right. You may not even need this picture, but it does show the Bus Station and the way the bus comes in.

I send it more for me that I made it work finally, it’s been frustrating sir. I hope you can forgive me and understand and we are still in good terms. This station is not a favorite of mine. So please forgive me, ok.
Downloads are available for registered users only. Please LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.

pd4106

Re: Bus Station

#2 Post by pd4106 » 16 Jan 2020, 08:30

Hi Danny,
Just came across these pictures of the Oklahoma City Union Bus Station. I like this style very much so just sending it along to you for consideration. I think it's pretty neat, but that just may be me. My favorite is still the Corvallis, OR. station, but you may like this even better. The first picture is the actual station, and the second is an artist drawing, but I include it also because it shows the bus loading area on the right hand side better. Just something to think about.

Perhaps let me know what you think, and take care Danny, thank you.
Sincerely, Bob P
Downloads are available for registered users only. Please LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.

Danny
Site Admin

#3 Post by Danny » 16 Jan 2020, 09:13

Something like this... :D
station1.jpg

Danny
Site Admin

#4 Post by Danny » 16 Jan 2020, 09:21

But...
- bus can not enter terminal and leave it like in reality, because, bus in game can not drive backward
- road connectors will be problem (Devs changed way how station works)

Danny
Site Admin

#5 Post by Danny » 16 Jan 2020, 09:28

Probable route of the bus...
station2.jpg

pd4106

#6 Post by pd4106 » 16 Jan 2020, 10:28

WOW, yes Danny something like this would be perfect. I have a few more pictures of this Station if you need them for modeling.

On the bus entering and exiting the station, (might be a problem) maybe not. Yes I know vehicles cannot back up in TF. So there should be no worry about that. If bus enters from the street (left side of picture) turns right and then right again to the loading lanes maybe no problem at all.

When this station first opened yes there were loading slips, the bus would pull-in to the slip and then back-out to leave.

Evidently they did away with the pull-in, back-out loading slips at some time. See Picture attached, with Jefferson Lines bus. Busses would come in and make a half circle just as they do in TF. So hopefully this should work just fine. If there is a problem Danny then we won't mod this station, Okey dokey?

Thank you my friend, I would love this Station in TF-2 it would be perfect, so hope it's no problem,
take gentle care Danny and thank you for pointing out your concern, everything you do is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

So thankful Danny, Bob in AZ

pd4106

#7 Post by pd4106 » 22 Jan 2020, 00:17

Hi Danny, I sure don’t want to press my luck, but when things do clear up for you I hope we’re still together on doing this Bus Station. I was amazed how quickly those 2 MCI buses came together, and I love them.
Bob in AZ.

Danny
Site Admin

#8 Post by Danny » 22 Jan 2020, 01:10

pd4106 wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 00:17
Hi Danny, I sure don’t want to press my luck, but when things do clear up for you I hope we’re still together on doing this Bus Station. I was amazed how quickly those 2 MCI buses came together, and I love them.
Yes, I'm working on bus station :) Bus Stations
station6.jpg

pd4106

#9 Post by pd4106 » 23 Jan 2020, 05:00

Hi again Danny,
Got your pictures showing the new Greyhound Station, love it Danny. The Station Building itself is perfect. May I offer my quick thoughts before you finish this mod up. Attached I have drawn what I think would be a perfect entry way for the Buses, from the street to the right of your diagram. The bus would then go around to the side of the building where I placed the X X designating 2 loading areas. See my Red lines and arrows.

Danny this is just my ideas and thoughts, maybe you can take a look at it and just see if it can be done like this. If not I understand perfectly. Terrible aren't I.

Thank you Danny, my proposed entry way from the side street is how the buses came into the stations in real life

Take care Danny, and it looks beautiful!!!!
ps: love ya my friend

r
r
r

pd4106

#10 Post by pd4106 » 23 Jan 2020, 05:42

If the Bus can enter from the side street there would be no need for the outer perimeter sidewalks at all, they are a City transit thing anyway. The sidewalks already in the game would be in front and sides of Station Building. Just my 2cents worth Danny, ok?

pd4106

#11 Post by pd4106 » 23 Jan 2020, 15:15

Yes Danny it’s a really good idea to show a “work in progress” illustration before final release just as you do. I certainly am not finding fault in your work, your mods are really superior, and it’s easy to see that you take pride in what you do. It’s just a matter that you are not familiar with how the Greyhound Bus Stations are here with the bus coming in from the side or back.

Hopefully we caught this in time, thank you and please don’t hate me to much, 👌 ok.

Danny
Site Admin

#12 Post by Danny » 24 Jan 2020, 08:26

:v: Published in Road Stations.